Search This Blog

Thursday 24 April 2014

...And did those feet?...


As Easter is upon us I thought a little religious snippet may be appropriate.
A legend relates that 2000 years ago Jesus accompanied his uncle, Joseph of Arimethea on a business trip to Britain and spent time kicking his heels at Abbotsbury while Joseph went off to Cornwall to buy tin. 
No doubt the nearby Fleet lagoon would have made a great place to practise his water walking trick while the temptation to turn that vast watery expanse to wine would have been a mighty hit locally... circumventing the licensing laws, though, may have caused problems.
Jesus's brief stay was supposedly commemorated by the founding of Abbotsbury's Abbey
 of which just a few walls and the great Tithe barn now remain. Annoyingly, the barn is out of bounds for those without a handful of shekels, lying as it now does in the centre of a tacky theme playground. 
Haven't they heard the one about erecting market stalls in the Temple...Watch out!

3 comments:

  1. Is it at all possible for you to move your email line from your heading?

    I ask as it becomes included in some auto-links.

    Keep up the great output :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      Sorry for delay...I'm not sure I can do anything but if you have any suggestions Ill be happy to try..!

      Delete
    2. If you go to template than you should be able to change from there.

      I would happily talk you through the process if you want, my email is rupertbu@gmail.com through that I will give you my number.

      Delete